Welcome to Rockland
This thriving port boasts a large fishing fleet and a proud year-round population that gives Rockland a vibrancy lacking in some other midcoast towns. Main St is a window into the city's sociocultural diversity, with a jumble of working-class diners, bohemian cafes and high-end restaurants alongside galleries, old-fashioned storefronts and one of the state's best art museums, the Center for Maine Contemporary Art (CMCA). Rockland is developing a reputation as an art center, partly thanks to the CMCA's relocation here in 2016.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Primo in RocklandItalian
- Fog Bar & Cafe in RocklandAmerican
- Suzuki Sushi Bar in RocklandJapanese
- Cafe Miranda in RocklandInternational
- Sammy's Deluxe in RocklandAmerican
- North Beacon Oyster in RocklandSeafood
- Lulu's Ice Cream in RocklandIce Cream
- Atlantic Baking Co in RocklandBakery
- In Good Company in RocklandInternational
- Lobster Shack in RocklandSeafood