Cathedral of St John

Church in Kwidzyn

The cathedral attached to the castle is the familiar Gothic brick blockbuster, which has a suitably defensive appearance thanks to its 19th-century tower. Look for the interesting ceramic mosaic (from around 1380) in the external wall above the southern porch. However the cathedral's biggest claim to fame is that it houses tombs of three Grand Masters of the Teutonic Order, discovered during excavations in 2007.

Advertisement