Welcome to Good Hope Estate
The estate was owned by John Tharp (1744–1804), once the richest man in Jamaica, owner of more than 40 sq km and 3000 slaves in Trelawny and St James parishes. Built around 1755, the estate still houses a collection of 18th-century, Jamaican Georgian, cut-stone buildings, including a sugar works and waterwheel.
The estate is run by Chukka Caribbean Adventures, with several visitor day passes available.
David Pinto, an acclaimed ceramicist, operates a pottery studio open to the public on the grounds.