Welcome to Hveragerði & Around
The grid of boxy buildings that is Hveragerði emerge from otherworldly lava fields and hills pierced, surreally, by natural steaming vents. You're not here for the architecture, you're here because Hveragerði is the hot-springs capital of the world, with a highly active geothermal field, which heats hundreds of greenhouses. Nationally, the town is famous for its horticultural college and naturopathic clinic. There are also some fantastic hikes in the area, though routes are sometimes packed in summer.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Varmá in Hveragerði & AroundIcelandic
- Almar in Hveragerði & AroundBakery
- Skyrgerðin in Hveragerði & AroundCafe
- Dalakaffi in Hveragerði & AroundCafe
- Rósagarðurinn in Hveragerði & AroundCafe
- Ölverk in Hveragerði & AroundPizza
- HVER in Hveragerði & AroundIcelandic
- Kjöt og Kúnst in Hveragerði & AroundInternational
- Fiskverslun Hveragerðis in Hveragerði & AroundFish & Chips
- Bonus in Hveragerði & AroundSupermarket