Lonely Planet Kids contributor guidelines
Want to write for Lonely Planet Kids?
Wannabe travel writer? Aged 5-16? We love learning all about your adventures and we want to share the best stories on our blog! If you’d like to submit a story for our Postcard from… series, here’s what we’re looking for:
– 100-300 words written in the first person, all about a special trip near where you live or far from home (please specify town/country)
– 1-4 images to accompany your story. These can be photographs or drawings. Ideally one of the pictures should include you! At least one should be landscape orientation.
Not sure what to write? Here are some questions to get you started:
- Where did you go?
- Who did you go with?
- What was the weather like?
- What did you do?
- What did you eat?
- Did you see any animals?
- How did you feel when you were there?
- What was your favourite part?
- What did your parents / brother / sister / friend think about it?
Please get your parent or guardian to send your submission to email@example.com, along with your name and age.
PARENTS: With all submissions you must include confirmation that you are happy for us to share your child’s story on our Lonely Planet Kids blog and excerpts on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
The typed-up story should be submitted within the body of the email: we love seeing handwritten pieces but as we want to show your child’s work on our blog we need to receive it in a digital format. Drawings should be scanned or photographed.
Want Lonely Planet Kids to share your videos?
- Are you a budding travel vlogger? If you’d like to see your videos on the Lonely Planet Kids blog, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Entertaining travel videos aimed at young travellers – if you are hosting or narrating the video, even better!
- A link to your video, which should be hosted on your own YouTube or Vimeo channel
- Videos should be at least 1 minute long, and no longer than 10 minutes
- Music and graphics should be correctly licensed
- We are not looking for photo montages
PARENTS: Please send the video link(s) (not files – videos should already be published and publicly available) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your child’s name and age. With all submissions you must include confirmation that you are happy for us to share the video on our blog and social media channels.
PLEASE NOTE: If we choose to feature your/your child’s story we will email you the link to the post on lonelyplanet.com/kids/blog once it’s live. Unfortunately we cannot publish all submissions we receive.