Vail Hotel

Historic Site in Pueblo

A gorgeous relic built during the grand hotel era, the Vail was dedicated on September 11, 1911, withstood the 1921 flood and was named for chairman John Vail, who also founded the Star-Journal. There's a marble reception desk, mosaic floors, molded and stained-glass ceilings, and a wide front porch, however visitors are not allowed inside; it's public housing these days.