- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about Thailand.
Welcome! This is the home of those looking for information or looking to share information about Thailand.
Here are some tips to help you find the information you want and need:
1. Research before asking a question. It will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the community if you've already done some homework. It's also polite. The community is here to help, but we're not your personal search engine. Invest some preliminary time and we'll happily help you fill in the…
I am planing a road trip by a rent car, from Chiang Mai to Pai, Chiang Rai, golden triangle, Doi waterfalls (not in this order).
If anybody have a map (google, waze or any other) with complete route and points of interest that I must see and visit I will really appreciate.
Map is not mandatory, I'll appreciate just any assistance planning the trip.
This will be my first visit to Thailand (mid October).
Planing to spend 5 days on this trip (might be extended to 7).
We would like to warn other travellers to Bangkok not to use the following travel agent T.A.T. tourist information also known as Goaroundnow-2009, The Tiger Travel Group Limited Partnership, the address is 101, 103, 103/1 So I Phraengsanphasat, Tanao Rd., Sanchaophosues, Phranakhon, Bangkok 10200. Tel 02 622 2023, 02 622 2024.
These people will scam you at every opportunity .
We went in to enquire if we needed a visa for Vietnam and if we could get it on arrival. We were told we had to get a visa…
I will be traveling using the Nakhon Ratchasima (west), Ubon Ratchathani (east), Udon Thani (north) triangle as a rough guide. What I'm interested in are the spots in betweeen and the little detours. I have month till I have to be back in Bangkok. I've read about Pak Chom and Sangkhom being nice places near Udon. Then there are Khao Yai National Park and the towns of Phimai and Dan Kwian near Nakhon Ratchasima. What else is there in Isaan?
I am about to leave for a 10 days vacation in Myanmar, after that, I'd like to relax a bit in Koh Samui/Koh Tao.
Since I like to plan my movement day by day, I'd like to book my flight BKK/Samui a few days in advance (or even directly at the airport).
Do you think it's do-able or is it a bad choice? Do you think I risk not to find any flight available?
The literal interpretation of the latest overstay law (which states in part that overstaying aliens who don't surrender will face 5 year ban if overstay is less than one year ) that this means even a 2 day overstay will attract those penalties has some problems.
Firstly the 500 baht fine is still in place , if they were no longer willing to tolerate even 2 day overstays why wouldn't they increase the fine so that a 2 or 3 day overstay is more expensive than getting the 1900 baht extension ?
How can I make a reservation for accomodations inside the park? It seems I need to make them with the their park service however that page is mostly dead links or is in Thai. Any suggestions? Are the lodges nice? Thanks in advance for any help.
I am planning my first trip to Thailand, it will be 11 full days starting November 30th and leaving December 11th.
I am somehow settled on the first couple of days and last 5 days, but the 4 days in the middle have 2 scenarios:
1) either I spend them all in the north first chiang Mai then to Mae Hong Son and Pai loop or
2) Spend 2 extra days in bangkok to do kanchanaburi or AyuthayaI as day trips then 2 days in chiang mai
Here are my initial thought, please take a look and share your…
Samed Grandview Resort: 1 room (2 people) Free 3 Days from this Monday 25 July (checkout Thursday 28th noon).
We have paid in full for this room but now cannot go! Please contact Brian on [removed] and I will request name change into yours (which you can then confirm direct with hotel). I am doing this because I resent the 'non-refundable" term of my booking and would like someone (anyone!) to have the benefit.