Twitter Landscapes competition: the winner picture
Last month we asked you to send us great pictures for our Landscapes competition on Twitter and the response was overwhelming, with over 300 pictures submitted in the space of two weeks. The winner and runner up pictures will be featured as background images in our Twitter page, so the judging panel have looked at all the pictures in this context and are now ready to announce their verdict.
First let’s look at the runner ups, in no particular order:
1. @boriquena20: “Taken this year at Miami Beach, Florida, United States on a Thursday morning”.
2. @SignosisRed: “View from Metropolitan Government Office which is located in the Shunjuku district of Tokyo”.
3. @eweiss41: “Taken in early January, this photo reflects a colorful winter sunset behind St. Peter’s basilica, taken along the Tiber River in Rome, Italy”.
4. @sophie_webb1: “Dead vlei, in Sossusvlei, Namibia. I took a picture of a single tree to put into perspective how vast the sand dunes are”.
5. @stefanotermanin: “San Quirico d’Orcia, near Siena, in the Tuscany countryside. I woke up at 4.30 a.m. and I sat down in a Chianti vineyard (with my tripod and my camera) in front of the hill that you see in my picture. Then the sun comes out from the fog and the Podere Belvedere appeared”.
All runner ups get a Lonely Planet guide of their choice. Congratulations!
But there was one picture our panel fell in love with, and that is the winner of the competition. Check it out:
The picture was submitted by @michaelperron and credit goes to Michael Perron and Linda Rayner. As well as having the honour of becoming the next background image of our Twitter page, they win a Lonely Planet guide of their choice and the Lonely Planet’s Guide to Travel Photography. Congratulations!
Thanks to everyone who took part and remember to keep an eye on our Twitter page for any further news, tips and competitions.