Standard business hours vary hugely in Western Europe; check individual destination coverage for more specific information.
- Banks 8.30am–1.30pm and 3.30pm–4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Restaurants noon–2.30pm and 7.30pm–midnight (from 5pm or 6pm in destinations such as Britain and Ireland; until 2am in Spain and Italy)
- Cafes 8am–5pm (until midnight or 2am in destinations where cafes double as bars)
- Bars & Clubs Bars from 5pm, clubs from 10pm; to 4am (until 2am in Britain and Ireland)
- Shops 9am–1pm and 4pm–8pm Monday to Saturday