Information from G Adventures
Perfect for the active adventurer, this trip will have you hiking, biking, and paddling through the best of Vietnam. Kayak through Halong Bay’s towering limestone karsts, trek the Mai Chau area, and cycle through small towns for an authentic taste of Vietnam. When you’re not pedalling or paddling, you'll visit the country's cultural highlights like the Cu Chi Tunnels and Emperor's Tomb, or overnight at a local family’s homestay. Whether by bike or on foot, this tour will keep you grounded in Vietnam's intriguing culture.
- Your G for Good Moment: Oodles of Noodles Demonstration and Lunch, Hoi An Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Mai Chau Homestay, Mai Châu
- Cu Chi Tunnels entrance and tour
- Escorted cycling trips
- Entrance to the Emperor's Tomb and Citadel
- Countryside hike
- Halong Bay overnight boat trip with seafood meals
- Sea-kayaking and cave visit
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Kayak through limestone karsts in halong bay
- Walk among the hills of mai chau
- Cycle through unspoiled countryside
- Soak in the energy of ho chi minh city
- Visit the tailors and beaches in hoi an
- Wander the vibrant streets of hanoi.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City/Hoi An Cycle to the Cu Chi Tunnels for a guided tour. Travel through the countryside and stop at local points of interest along the way. In the afternoon, fly to Hoi An via Danang.
Day 3: Hoi An Explore the villages around Hoi An by bike before enjoying a noodle making demonstration and lunch at Oodles of Noodles, a G Adventures-supported project. Opt to relax on the beach, or visit the tailors in town.
Day 4: Hoi An/Huế Drive the Hai Van Pass to the ancient capital of Hue.
Day 5: Huế/Hanoi See Hue by bike, including the Citadel and the tomb of Tu Duc. Take an overnight train to Hanoi.
Day 6: Hanoi/Mai Châu Transfer to Mai Chau, then continue out into the countryside. Hike the Mai Chau area and enjoy a homestay with local meals provided.
Day 7: Mai Châu/Hanoi Return to Hanoi before cycling the outskirts of the city. In the evening, walk through the Old Quarter and take in the beautiful sites.
Day 8: Hanoi/Ha Long Relax on a traditional junk boat cruise around Halong Bay and indulge in an included seafood lunch. This afternoon, explore Halong Bay by kayak for a different perspective.
Day 9: Ha Long/Hanoi Marvel at the limestone karsts of Halong Bay. Return to Hanoi in the mid-afternoon for a final night out.
Day 10: Hanoi Depart at any time.