Information from G Adventures
For those who want the complete experience but prefer a more comfortable option, this adventure explores the best of Vietnam’s history, culture and cuisine. From the breathless beauty of Halong Bay to the former imperial capital of Hue, the ancient port town of Hoi An and the hilltribe villages, Vietnam offers adventurous visitors a chance to explore its ancient past, recent history and promising future. With comfortable accommodation and transport by private air-conditioned van and flights arranged by your CEO, you'll have plenty of time to appreciate the incredible beauty and remarkable people of Vietnam.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Oodles of Noodles Local Market Excursion, Hoi An Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Arrival transfer
- Entrance and tours of Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton) and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Cyclo tour of Hanoi's Old Quarter
- Breakfast at a youth training restaurant
- Overnight on a junk boat on Ha Long Bay including excursions to caves and islands
- Guided tour and entrance to Emperor's Tomb and Imperial Citadel Hue
- Entrance and guided tour of Hoi An Old Town
- Hoi Oodles of Noodles market tour and cooking class
- Entrance fee and guided tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Enjoy a thrilling cyclo ride in hanoi
- Meet locals in remote hilltribe villages
- Cruise along halong bay in a traditional junk boat
- Learn to cook oodles of noodles at a planeterra supported youth-training school
- Step back into history at the cu chi tunnels and hanoi hilton
Day 1: Hanoi Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included.
Day 2: Hanoi/Mai Châu After breakfast at a local non-profit training restaurant, we travel to the lush Mai Chau Valley.
Day 3: Mai Châu Enjoy free time to explore the valley and any of the optional activities available.
Day 4: Mai Châu/Hanoi Return to Hanoi to explore Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton), visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum with a local guide, and go on a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter.
Day 5: Hanoi/Ha Long Transfer to Halong Bay and spend the night on a traditional junk boat surrounded by turquoise waters, where thousands of sculpted limestone islands rise from the calm waters. Opt to explore some caves, go kayaking or hike up one of the islands.
Day 6: Ha Long/Huế After a morning on the bay, transfer back to Hanoi for a flight to Hue.
Day 7: Huế Visit the ancient walled Citadel containing the former Imperial Palace. Take a trip into the surrounding countryside to see the final resting place of former emperors, visiting one of the most impressive royal tombs.
Day 8: Huế/Hoi An Enjoy a scenic drive to Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and take a walking tour of the ancient town.
Day 9: Hoi An Dive into the Oodles of Noodles cooking class at a G Adventures-supported culinary training school. Visit local markets to learn about noodles, then return to the school to cook lunch with the students.
Day 10: Hoi An The day is free for optional activities of your choice.
Day 11: Hoi An/Ho Chi Minh City Flight to Ho Chi Minh CIty. Opt to take a cyclo tour and visit the markets and shops.
Day 12: Ho Chi Minh City Visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, legendary for the vital part they played during the Vietnam War.
Day 13: Ho Chi Minh City Depart at any time.