Budget: Less than US$40
- Glass of bia hoi (draught beer): from US$0.30
- One hour on a local bus: US$1–1.50
- Cheap hotel: US$9–16 a night, dorms less
- Simple noodle dish: US$1.50–2.50
- Comfortable double room: US$25–50
- Meal in a restaurant: from US$8
- One-hour massage: US$7–20
- Ten-minute taxi ride: US$2.50–5
Top end: More than US$100
- Luxury hotel room: from US$80
- Gourmet dinner: from US$20
- Internal flight: US$30–100
Bargaining is essential in Vietnam, but not for everything and it should be good-natured – don’t shout or get angry. Discounts of 60% or more may be possible; in other places it may only be 10% – or prices may be fixed. Haggle hard in marketplaces and most souvenir stores, and for cyclos and xe om (motorbike taxis). Many hotels offer a discount; restaurant prices are fixed.
Vietinbank You can also exchange cash here.