US dollars ($)
Budget: Less than $120
- Hostel bed or campground: $10–40
- Cheap restaurant meal: $8–12
- Anchorage–Glennallen bus: $75
- Double room in a midrange motel: $150
- Restaurant mid-afternoon special: $10–15
- Light coffee-shop breakfast: $5–8
Top end: More than $250
- Double room in an upscale hotel: $200-plus
- Dinner main at a top restaurant: $25–30
- Car rental per day: $60–85
Alaska, like the rest of the US, doesn't really have much of a bargaining culture, except perhaps in small markets or at some indigenous craft stalls.
Wells Fargo Bank and ATM.