Information from G Adventures
There aren’t many places in the US – or the world, frankly – that can match the Deep South for charm, character, and quirkiness. This nine-day trip pulls back the curtain on this unique part of the country by way of groovy Charleston, cosmopolitan Atlanta, sultry Savannah, the Elvis mecca of Memphis, and other hotspots, while serving up heaping helpings of colonial estates, Cajun cuisine, country music, whiskey, and fun. It’s different down here. Way different. Come on down and git yer drawl on, y’all.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Café du Monde Visit, New Orleans Your Foodie Moment: Creole Cooking Class, New Orleans Your Discover Moment: New Orleans
- Charleston orientation walk
- Historic district walk (Savannah)
- Atlanta orientation walk
- Southern barbecue dinner (Memphis)
- Breakfast at Café du Monde (New Orleans)
- Daily suggestions for regional cuisine at local hot spots and dives
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- View historic houses in charleston
- Explore the dark and mysterious side of savannah
- Get into the country groove in nashville
- Learn about the blues in memphis
- Eat cajun-style food and party on bourbon street
Day 1: Charleston Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Charleston Enjoy a morning orientation walk of Charleston. Opt to take a historic house tour, visit the Charleston City Market, or Folly Beach.
Day 3: Charleston/Savannah Head south to Georgia. Opt for a walk around the Bonaventure Cemetery and historic district of Savannah, or stroll through town admiring the architecture and oak trees covered in Spanish moss. Opt to try one of the local spots for dinner.
Day 4: Savannah/Atlanta Drive to Atlanta, the capital of Georgia and home of Coca-Cola. Options include a tour of the factory or visiting some of the Martin Luther King Jr sites. Choose from excellent options for local food here—like The Varsity, a true American diner from the 1920's.
Day 5: Atlanta/Nashville On the way to Nashville, Tennessee, stop in Lynchburg and opt for a tour of the Jack Daniel's Distillery. Later, head out for live music and cowboy nightlife in this country music capital.
Day 6: Nashville/Memphis Travel west to Memphis, home of Graceland, Sun Studios and the National Civil Rights Museum. Opt to tour Elvis' home and enjoy an included Southern barbecue dinner.
Day 7: Memphis/New Orleans Cross the border into Louisiana and drive straight to the Bayou. Opt to explore Bourbon St and the French Quarter and try some authentic Cajun food for dinner.
Day 8: New Orleans Enjoy a free day to explore this city and surrounding area. Start the morning with beignets and coffee at Café du Monde before a Creole cooking class and free time for optional activities like a swamp or ghost tour.
Day 9: New Orleans Depart at any time.