Information from Viator
Contrast the brutal austerity of Alcatraz with the sheer beauty of Muir Woods and Sausalito on this enthralling day trip from San Francisco. It's a whole day of contrasts: from catching the ferry to Alcatraz Island and driving across the Golden Gate Bridge, to walking through a forest of giant redwoods and relaxing in the picturesque village of Sausalito.
Likely to Sell-out! Alcatraz regularly sells out weeks in advance. Book ahead of time to avoid disappointment.Enjoy a ferry ride to Alcatraz Island and an audio walking tour of the "Cell Block". This former federal penitentiary was known as "The Rock" and housed gangsters such as Al Capone (Scarface) and Machine Gun Kelly. You'll learn about the famous escape from Alcatraz, the prison's notorious inmates and much more on this tour.This enthralling day trip will also take you across the Golden Gate Bridge for a view of San Francisco from Vista Point, then through the coastal mountains to the Bay Area's popular Muir Woods. This national monument is the site of a virgin forest of California Coast redwood trees, among the oldest and tallest on earth. Take the opportunity to roam through an ancient forest of giant redwood trees on your 75-minute visit of Muir Woods.Next, it's time to take a stroll along the waterfront of quaint Mediterranean-style Sausalito, considered the prettiest village in California. You'll have 30 to 45 minutes to browse, shop and take photos at your leisure in this picturesque artists' colony nestled on the northern shores of San Francisco Bay.
- Tour across the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Audio walking tour of Alcatraz 'Cell Block'
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi and restroom
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to and from Alcatraz cruise port
- Transportation to Union Square Visitor Center (Muir Woods tour portion departure point)
- Likely to Sell Out
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included