US dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $100
- Dorm bed: $24–32
- Private hostel room: $45–85
- Burgers and tacos: $4–15
- Bus, trolley and train tickets: $2.25–10
- Double room in a hotel: $119–200
- Lunch and dinner mains in local restaurants: $8–24
- Admission to museums: $5–20
- Short taxi trip: $12–21
Top end: More than $200
- Suites $119–399
- Luxury hotel room: from $211
- Fine dining mains: $28–78
- SUV hire: $25 + taxes
Bargaining is not customary in shops, restaurants or farmers markets in California and may be seen as rude. About the only place where you may encounter it is in open, wholesale markets in DTLA, such as the Fashion District.
You’ll find ATMs throughout San Diego.
TravelEx Foreign-currency exchange.