- Reading Terminal Market Not-to-be-missed gourmet shopping destination with oodles of edible souvenirs.
- South 9th Street Italian Market A thrilling retail option for the culinary minded.
- Boyd's Style and superb service at this elegant throwback to the glory days of fashion retail.
- Shane Confectionery Willy Wonka's dream sweet shop creates old-fashioned, delicious candies and chocolates.
- Stadler-Khan An eclectic mix of arty gifts plus the textile designs of Alex Stadler.
- Penn Book Center Standout bookshop amid the University City campuses.
- Philly AIDS Thrift @ Giovanni's Room All rainbow shades of literature and much more at this pre-loved book haven.
- Molly's Books & Records Come to this Italian Market store to find retro and vintage cookbooks.
- Amalgum Comics & Coffeehouse If you like your reading with graphic art this passion project in Kensington is the place for you.
- Meadowsweet Mercantile Vintage apparel is given a chic makeover here.
- Lapstone & Hammer An old wedding-dress shop houses this excellent men's fashion boutique.
- Mitchell & Ness Come here for your Birds and Flyers jerseys and caps.
- Joan Shepp Stylish female boutique stocking some of the classiest global labels.
Antiques & Vintage
- Philadelphia AIDS Thrift Two floors of thrift-store bargains and finds to rummage through.
- Strange and Unusual Goth fashion and quirky interior-design goods at this oddities emporium.
- Philly Typewriter Get clacking on the keyboards at this antidote to digital burnout.
- Jinxed Fishtown Expertly curated range of vintage interior goods at several locations around town.
Gifts & Souvenirs
- Philadelphia Independents Around 50 local artists and craftspeople supply the goods stocked here.
- Ten Thousand Villages Packed with ethical handicrafts supporting global fair-trade initiatives.
- Duross & Langel Indulge in a lush new bath or body lotion from this Philly-based producer.
- Little Moon + Arrow Spoil some kids with the adorable gifts at this children's boutique.
Food & Drink
- Art in the Age Inspiring range of goods for both casual cocktail makers and serious mixologists.
- Di Bruno Bros Go-to destination for any gourmet item you desire.
- Headhouse Farmers Market Scores of produce, snack and craft vendors gather for this Sunday market in a historic location.
- Rittenhouse Farmers Market Saturday morning grocery shopping ritual next to leafy Rittenhouse Sq.
Arts & Crafts
- Eye's Gallery Fab emporium of folk art, fashion and jewelry curated by the Zagars.
- 3rd Street Gallery There's always something interesting to see at this Old City artist-run co-op.
- Clay Studio Superb collection of ceramics from local and national artists.
- Art Star Showcase for the works of arty creatives in Northern Liberties.