- Reading Terminal Market Eat everything from Pennsylvania Dutch treats to Thai curry at this Center City institution.
- Zahav Golden Israeli-influenced gastronomy from award-winning chef Michael Solomonov.
- Valley Green Inn Step back in time at this idyllic American inn surrounded by greenery.
- Vetri Cucina Elegant, classic Italian food in an intimate Midtown Village townhouse.
- CHeU Noodle Bar Asian-Jewish fusion that packs a tasty punch.
By Budget: $
By Budget: $$
By Budget: $$$
- City Tavern History informs the food and ambiance at this replica of the 1773 tavern where Founding Fathers supped.
- Townsend Fine French food at this romantic option on the E Passyunk Ave dining strip.
- Morimoto Iron Chef Morimoto's establishment is as extravagant as the show. Plan on being wowed at every bite.
Cheesesteaks & Sandwiches
- Pat's King of Steaks Invented the cheesesteak, way back in 1930.
- Jim's Steaks 'Pizza steak' – topped with tomato sauce – is an option, as are hoagies (cold-cut sandwiches on long rolls).
- Tony Luke's Famous for its roast pork sandwich, it also does a great veggie-only version.
- John's Roast Pork Classic, cash-only joint in business since 1930.
- Joe's Steaks & Soda Shop Eat in or take-away at this Fishtown joint that offers a vegan cheesesteak.
Vegetarian & Vegan
- Vedge If you're vegan curious this fine-dining establishment will sweep you away with its finesse.
- V Street The flavors and execution of this vegan street food are so good that you'll not miss the lack of meat.
- PS & Co Relaxed vegan cafe serving tempting options including barbecue tempeh burgers and Burmese chickpeas.
- Stock Superb Asian salads and steaming bowls of delicious noodles at this no-frills Fishtown joint.
- Saté Kampar Set your taste buds tingling with the Malaysian sate skewers and other Southeast Asian specialties.
- Hardena/Waroeng Surabaya James Beard–nominated Indonesian cafe where the rice plates can't be beat.
Jewish & Middle Eastern
Brunch & Diners
- High Street on Market Inventive brunch dishes many of which are served on delicious house-baked breads.
- Fitzwater Cafe Classic South Philly diner serving breakfast all day plus soup and sandwich combos.
- Silk City This 1950s diner keeps it contemporary with an attached bar and outdoor dining space.
- Sabrina's Cafe Super popular, particularly at its Italian Market location on the weekends.