Drinking & Nightlife
- Trestle Inn Who doesn't love a cool cocktail bar with a glitter ball, DJs and go-go girls?
- La Colombe Fishtown Premium coffee and artisan spirits, including creamy lattes on tap.
- Philadelphia Distilling Take a tour of the distillery and get merry on their gin and absinthe cocktails.
- The Random Tea Room Pure pleasure for tea fans with some 40 blends to choose from.
- Monk's Cafe For those serious about their beer, this place offers an incredible selection.
Bars with a View
- Second District Brewing Craft brews in an off-the-radar section of South Philly.
- Yards Brewing Company Huge new drinking and dining facility for this well-established brewer.
- Bar Hygge Excellent draft beers including English-style ales, IPAs and porters.
- Crime & Punishment Brewing Co Bringing craft brewing back to the edge of Brewerytown.
Gay & Lesbian
- Woody's Philly's most famous LGBT bar is the anchor of the Gayborhood.
- Tavern on Camac Stalwart of the Gayborhood, with a piano bar downstairs and DJs upstairs.
- Toasted Walnut Bar & Kitchen Newer venue that caters primarily for women into women.
- Voyeur For dancing until near dawn, this after-hours club is your option.
- Panorama Biggest selection of wines by the glass in the city.
- Tria Cafe Wash West An extensive list of wines here and in its other Center City branches.
- Jet Wine Bar Wine tasting evenings including ones comparing old and new world wines and sampling unusual varietals.
- Paris Wine Bar Enjoy wines from Pennsylvania as well as live jazz.
- New Liberty Sample the rye whiskey, rum and vodka, and take a tour of the distillery.
- Manatawny Still Works Tasting room for craft spirits and cocktails on the E Passyunk strip.
- Art in the Age There's a tasting room at the back of this Old City store specializing in everything you need to make cocktails.
- Bob & Barbara's Lounge Classic low-frills, cheap drinks boozer with drag shows, live jazz, karaoke and more.
- Tattooed Mom Casual and fun spot for whatever wets your whistle on the South St strip.
- Dirty Franks See how many of the Franks you can name on the mural outside.
- El Bar Watch the El rattle by from the junky beer garden at this Fishtown institution.
Elixir Coffee Roasters Quality hand-dripped coffees at this alleyway cafe in Center City.
W/N W/N Coffee Bar Elixir coffee is served at this cool, evening cafe-bar in Northern Liberties.
Rival Bros Coffee Bar Try the nitro coffee, a creamy cold-brew infused with nitrogen and served on tap.
Menagerie Coffee Perk up your exploration of the Old City by dropping by this slick cafe.
Bars with Good Food
- Double Knot The basement of this sake bar hides an impressive Japanese restaurant.
- Olde Bar Enjoy oysters and other seafood at this bar run by Iron Chef Jose Garces.
- Khyber Pass Pub Tuck into good-value Southern US dishes at this bar that also specializes in craft beers.
- Harp & Crown Weekend brunch includes a make-your-own doughnut station. Plus there's a bowling alley in the basement.