Philadelphia offers fantastic options for cyclists and joggers, especially once you escape traffic-clogged Center City. There are several places in which you can learn skills, such as cooking, pottery or a new language. Or you can relax with activities such as outdoor yoga at lovely spots including Race Street Pier and Schuylkill Banks Park.
- Frieda Daily classes on the arts, languages and playing games (such as mah-jongg) at this ace cafe.
- Schuylkill Banks Cycling and jogging trails, as well as yoga, kayaking and boat tours in warmer weather.
- Wissahickon Valley Park Idyllic rustic getaway with great mountain-biking and hiking trails.
- Bartram's Garden Free kayaking and rowing on Saturdays from April to October.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge Enjoy panoramic city and river views while crossing this 1.8 mile span.
- Blue Cross Riverrink Enjoy ice skating in winter, rollerblading in summer, beside the Delaware River.
- Culinary Literacy Center Hands-on cooking and healthy eating classes at Parkway Central Library.
- Cook Watch and learn as established and up-and-coming chefs cook dinner for you.
- Miss Rachel's Pantry Learn how to make vegan feasts at Rachel Klein's South Philly hideout.
- Le Champignon de Tokio Sushi-making classes offered by Madame Saito in Society Hill.
Arts & Crafts
- Expressive Hand BYOB to aid creativity at this hands-on pottery painting studio.
- Clay Studio Pottery classes are held at this Old City gallery and shop.
- Barnes Foundation Experts lead the education courses at this storied art museum.
- Fleisher Art Memorial The art education courses at this popular institution fill up fast.
- Philadelphia's Magic Gardens Hands-on creativity activities can be added on to the tours here.