Johnson House

Historic Building in Philadelphia

This stone 1768 house, which sports scars from the Battle of Germantown, was built by the Johnsons, a Quaker family who were supporters of abolishing slavery. The house became a station on the Underground Railroad in 1858; prominent abolitionist William Still is known to have been here and it's also believed that Harriet Tubman visited too.

Advertisement