Travel with Children
The Oregon Coast is a great destination for families. Cities like Seaside and Newport have affordable accommodations, good beaches and family atmosphere. Kids can generally find hours of entertainment just by exploring tidepools on the beach, but here are a few other fun places to take them:
- Seaside Aquarium Slightly cheesy, but you can feed the seals!
- Oregon Coast Aquarium Cutting-edge, with plenty for kids to see and do.
- Hatfield Marine Science Center Educational, surprisingly good and free (but donations are welcome).
- Umpqua Discovery Center Learn interactively about the area's cultural history.
- Prehistoric Gardens Large-scale dinosaur replicas: need we say more?