- Bergdorf Goodman The most magical of NYC's legendary department stores, with stellar store displays.
- Brooklyn Flea Brooklyn’s collection of flea markets offers plenty of vintage furnishings, retro clothing and bric-a-brac.
- ABC Carpet & Home Spread over six floors like a museum, ABC is packed with treasures large and small.
- MoMA Design & Book Store The perfect one-stop shop for coffee-table tomes, art prints and ‘Where-did-you-get-that?' homewares.
- FAO Schwarz New York's greatest toy shop has been reborn in the Rockefeller Center.
- Fishs Eddy Beautiful pieces for the home at this eye-catching store near Union Square.
- FAO Schwarz New York institution with a new lease of life: nirvana for kids big and small.
- Dinosaur Hill In the East Village, you’ll find fun, creative toys, books and music to inspire young minds.
- Yoya Small, pretty clothing store in the West Village.
- Book Culture Great gift ideas for kids, plus story-time sessions at this book shop near the American Museum of Natural History.
- Flying Tiger Copenhagen Loads of inexpensive supplies to keep kids happily occupied.
- Shishi Get a new wardrobe without breaking the bank at this Upper West Side gem.
- Galeria Melissa Stylish Brazilian-designed plastic footwear in a surreal SoHo concept store.
- Resurrection Valhalla for lovers of designer vintage and friendly staff to help you.
- MiN New York Unique perfumes in an apothecary-like setting.
- Barneys Serious fashionistas shop at Barneys, well-known for its spot-on collections of in-the-know labels.
- By Robert James Rugged menswear by a celebrated new local designer.
- Nepenthes New York Japanese collective selling covetable, in-the-know labels.
- Odin Tiny downtown men’s boutique for one-of-a-kind pieces.
- New York Shaving Company Classic SoHo-inspired colognes and traditional shaving kit in a barbershop beloved by celebs.
- Opening Ceremony Showstopping streetwear threads and a customisation bar.
Unique Souvenirs & Gifts
- De Vera Beautiful glasswares and art objects.
- Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co A quirky collection of gear for budding superheroes with earnings going to a good cause.
- Obscura Antiques A cabinet of curiosities packed with strange and eerie objects.
- Top Hat Lovely collectible objects from around the globe.
- Bowne & Co Stationers From vintage New York posters to city-themed stationery at this heritage printer.
- Steven Alan Stylish, heritage-inspired fashion, with branches around NYC, including downtown.
- Rag & Bone Beautifully tailored clothes for men and women, in SoHo and elsewhere.
- John Varvatos Rugged but worldly wearables in a former downtown rock club.
- Opening Ceremony Head-turning, cutting-edge threads and kicks for the fashion avant-garde in SoHo.
- Strand Book Store Hands-down NYC’s best used bookstore.
- McNally Jackson Great SoHo spot for book browsing and author readings.
- Housing Works Book Store Used books and a cafe in an atmospheric setting in Nolita.
- 192 Books The perfect neighborhood bookshop in Chelsea.
- Books Are Magic At this author-owned bookstore in Brooklyn, the magic is real.
- Beacon’s Closet Get a new outfit without breaking the bank at this great vintage shop.
- Housing Works Thrift Shop Always a fun place to browse, with locations around the city.
- Screaming Mimi’s Lots of appealing clothes from decades past.
- Resurrection Mint-condition pieces from couture labels.
- Tokio 7 A fun place to browse high-end labels in the East Village.
Homewares & Design Stores
- Shinola Unusual accessories from a cutting-edge Detroit design house in Tribeca.
- Fishs Eddy Tongue-in-cheek New York designs on all manner of useful homewares you'll want to own.
- Guggenheim Store Modernist-inspired teapots, exhibition posters and statement decorative objet d'arts inspired by artists on display.
- Museum of Art & Design Store Striking bowls, vases and kitchen paraphernalia alongside affordable designer jewelry.
- Lower East Side Tenement Museum Books, jewelry, bags, scarves and more from the museum shop.
- New York Public Library Stationery, tote bags, library lion bookends and literary-minded graphic T-shirts.
- Museum of the City of New York All manner of quality NYC-themed gifts from the eye-catching museum store.
- Strand Book Store An entire aisle dedicated to Americana and books about New York in particular.
- CityStore The place for official NYC memorabilia such as NYPD baseball caps and subway station signs.