- Barneys Serious fashionistas shop at Barneys, well-known for its spot-on collections of in-the-know labels.
- Brooklyn Flea Brooklyn’s collection of flea markets offers plenty of vintage furnishings, retro clothing and bric-a-brac.
- ABC Carpet & Home Spread over six floors like a museum, ABC is packed with treasures large and small.
- MoMA Design & Book Store The perfect one-stop shop for coffee-table tomes, art prints and ‘Where-did-you-get-that?' homewares.
- Idlewild Books An inspiring place for travelers and daydreamers with titles spanning the globe.
- Fishs Eddy Beautiful pieces for the home at this eye-catching store near Union Square.
- Dinosaur Hill In the East Village, you’ll find fun, creative toys, books and music to inspire young minds.
- Mary Arnold Toys A treasure trove of games, toys and other gift ideas in the Upper East Side.
- Yoya Small pretty clothing store in the Meatpacking District.
- Books of Wonder Great gift ideas for kids, plus in-store readings at this shop near Union Square.
- Flying Tiger Copenhagen Loads of inexpensive supplies to keep kids happily occupied.
Unique Souvenirs & Gifts
- De Vera Beautiful glasswares and art objects.
- Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co A quirky collection of gear for budding superheroes with earnings going to a good cause.
- Obscura Antiques A cabinet of curiosities packed with strange and eerie objects.
- Top Hat Lovely collectible objects from around the globe.
- Bowne & Co Stationers From vintage New York posters to city-themed stationery at this heritage printer.
- Steven Alan Stylish, heritage-inspired fashion, with branches around NYC, including downtown.
- Rag & Bone Beautifully tailored clothes for men and women, in SoHo and elsewhere.
- John Varvatos Rugged but worldly wearables in a former downtown rock club.
- Opening Ceremony Head-turning, cutting-edge threads and kicks for the fashion avant-garde in SoHo.
- Beacon’s Closet Get a new outfit without breaking the bank at this great vintage shop.
- Housing Works Thrift Shop Always a fun place to browse, with locations around the city.
- Screaming Mimi’s Lots of appealing clothes from decades past.
- Resurrection Mint-condition pieces from couture labels.
- Tokio 7 A fun place to browse high-end labels in the East Village.
Homewares & Design Stores
- Lower East Side Tenement Museum Books, jewelry, bags, scarves and more from the museum shop.
- New York Public Library Stationery, tote bags, library lion bookends and literary-minded graphic T-shirts.
- Museum of the City of New York All manner of quality NYC-themed gifts from the eye-catching museum store.