- Chefs Club Visiting chefs from around the globe showcase outstanding recipes.
- Battersby Farm-to-table brilliance on Brooklyn’s restaurant-lined Smith St.
- Gramercy Tavern Prime produce, culinary finesse and the choice of bustling tavern or fine-dining den.
- RedFarm Savvy Sino-fusion dishes boast bold flavors, but it doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- Foragers Table A triumph of farm-to-table cooking with flavorful sustainable recipes in Chelsea.
By Budget: $
- Chelsea Market Foods from around the world served up in a sprawling converted factory.
- Taïm Outstanding falafel sandwiches at downtown locations.
- Berg’n Foodie market with craft brews in Crown Heights.
- Mamoun's Famous, spicy shawarma sandwiches at rock-bottom prices.
- Golden Shopping Mall All things Asian and edible in Queens.
By Budget: $$
By Budget: $$$
By Cuisine: Asian
By Cuisine: Italian
- Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria Be transported to the old country in this Nolita standout.
- Rosemary’s A beautifully designed West Village spot with memorable cooking.
- Roman’s Changing seasonal menu of Italian invention in Fort Greene.
- Barbuto Serves creative modern Italian fare in a buzzing space in the Meatpacking District.
By Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Nix Serving some of the best cruelty-free dishes in the city.
- Butcher’s Daughter Inventive vegetarian menu in Nolita.
- Hangawi Meat- (and shoe) free Korean restaurant in Koreatown.
- Modern Love Comfort-food classics in East Williamsburg with outstanding vegan plates.
- Two Boots Pizza Get your pizza fix with vegan and gluten-free options.
- Estela Brilliant seasonal plates in a buzzing Nolita wine bar.
- Rabbithole Excellent brunch plates served daily till 5pm at this Williamsburg gem.
- Cookshop Great indoor-outdoor dining spot in west Chelsea.
- Cafe Mogador An icon of the East Village brunch scene.
- Café Cluny Atmospheric West Village spot that's just right for brunch, no matter the day.
- ViceVersa Elegant Italian and first-rate brunch spot in the shadow of the Theater District.
Upscale Market Groceries
- Sahadi’s Assemble a picnic of Middle Eastern temptations.
- Eataly A mecca for lovers of Italian food.
- Whole Foods, Brooklyn Ecofriendly shopping in the reinvented Gowanus neighborhood.
- Union Square Greenmarket Delicious veggies and bakery items from upstate producers.
- Le District A sprawling food emporium on the Hudson packed with Gallic larder essentials.
- Dough Probably NYC’s best doughnut, in Brooklyn.
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds Heavenly slices of homemade pies in Gowanus.
- Dominique Ansel Kitchen Sweet magnificence from NYC’s most famous pastry chef in the West Village.
- Arcade Bakery One of the city’s finest almond croissants in an unexpected Tribeca setting.
- Barney Greengrass Perfect plates of smoked salmon and sturgeon for over 100 years in the Upper West Side.
- Russ & Daughters A celebrated Jewish deli in the Lower East Side.
- Zabar’s Upper West Side store selling gourmet, kosher foods since the 1930s.
- Margon Unfussy, unchanged Cuban lunch counter in Midtown.
- Di Fara Pizza First-rate pies served in a well-loved joint that's been around since the 1960s.