- Central Park The city’s playground has rolling hills, forested paths, open green spaces and a beautiful lake.
- Chelsea Piers Complex Every activity imaginable – from kickboxing to ice hockey – under one gigantic roof.
- New York Spa Castle A bathing behemoth with wallet-friendly prices, inspired by ancient Korean traditions of wellness.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park This beautifully designed waterfront green space is Brooklyn’s pride and joy.
- Prospect Park Escape the crowds at Brooklyn’s gorgeous park, with trails, hills, a canal, lake and meadows.
- Royal Palms A mecca for shuffleboard lovers, this place has shuffleboard courts, plus food trucks and microbrews.
- New York Trapeze School Channel your inner circus star at this trapeze school with two locations.
- Gotham Girls Roller Derby Watch one of the world's elite teams in a hard-hitting sport blazing through various locations.
- Jump into the Light VR Go on daring, high-jinks adventures at this cutting-edge virtual reality arcade.
- Cliffs Massive climbing center in Long Island City, Queens.
- Brooklyn Boulders Another great spot for rock climbers – this one’s in south Brooklyn.
- Jivamukti Lavish yoga center near Union Square.
- Area Yoga & Spa A great choice for yoga in health-minded Cobble Hill.
- 24 Hour Fitness Work out at all hours (and many locations) at this full-service fitness center.
- MNDFL Feel rejuvenated following an enriching meditation class.
Urban Green Spaces
- Governors Island Car-free island just a quick hop from Lower Manhattan or Brooklyn.
- Bryant Park A small appealing oasis amid the skyscrapers of Midtown.
- Madison Square Park A pretty little park between Midtown and downtown.
- Fort Greene Park Lovely little oasis of greenery in Brooklyn that's perfect for a picnic.
- Gantry Plaza State Park A lovely riverside spot to relax in Long Island City, Queens.
- Inwood Hill Park Serene setting of forest and salt marsh in Upper Manhattan.
- Queens County Farm Museum Get a taste of barnyard life without leaving the metropolis.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden Japanese gardens, native flora and photogenic springtime cherry blossoms.
- New York Botanical Garden Fifty acres of old-growth forest up in the Bronx.
- Cloisters Museum & Gardens Pretty gardens next to a medieval-esque building.
- High Line Wild plants and towering weeds steal the show.