When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Accommodation prices increase by 50% to 100%; book well in advance.
- Perfect weather for beach days, kayaking and other outdoor activities.
- Expect plenty of crowds and a packed calendar of festivals, fairs and big events.
Shoulder (May, Sep & Oct)
- In autumn, leaf-peppers arrive to see the autumnal blazes all across Maine.
- May feels like spring time, with coastal resorts just opening for the season, and lower accommodation prices.
Low Season (Nov–Apr)
- Skiers and snowshoers take to the mountain and forest trails from December through March (high season on the slopes).
- Many lodgings and restaurants in seaside resort towns (eg Bar Harbor) close up for the winter.