Information from Viator
While in port in Juneau, spend some time on a 48-passenger sightseeing boat spotting humpback whales in the picturesque Auke Bay! Admire the expansive Alaskan mountains in the background on this exciting shore excursion as your guide teaches you about the surrounding marine life. Keep your eyes out for whales leaping out of the water! You may also spot sea lions, harbor seals, porpoises, bald eagles and even bears on shore. You may even see Mendenhall Glacier on a clear day!
While docked in Juneau, head to Auke Bay, where more than 65 humpback whales migrate every year. These beautiful creatures will be the highlight of your 3.5-hour shore excursion as you float around the bay. Additionally, you may also be joined by Auke Bay’s other residents: bald eagles, harbor seals, porpoises and more!The 48-passenger jet boat is built for sightseeing, featuring extra-large windows and an exterior observation deck – perfect for whale watching! As you cruise around the bay, your captain will announce when whales have been spotted! For an even closer look, you’re welcome to use the complimentary binoculars on board. Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Naturalist guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Guaranteed whale sightings. If you don't see a whale, you will get a $100 refund!
What's not included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included