US dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $120
- Campground or dorm bed: $15–25
- Basic motel room: $70
- Pizza or takeout: $6–10
- Car rental and fuel: $40
- B&B or better quality motel: $100–170
- Restaurant meals and food-truck takeout: $40–60
- Car rental and fuel: $40–50
- Museums and sight entry: $15
Top End: Over $350
- Upscale hotel: $250–400
- Restaurant meals and fine dining: $100–140
- Car rental and fuel: $40-80
- Museums, shows, major attractions, theme parks: $40–60
Slight haggling may be possible at farmers' markets or flea markets, but it is generally not acceptable outside of these situations.
You'll find currency exchanges at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Travelex Currency Services offers exchange services.