Travel with Children
The down-to-earth Panhandle is one of Florida's most family-friendly regions, with laid-back beaches, aquariums, amusement parks, ice-cream shops and fudge museums. Traveling families will appreciate Destin and Panama City Beach for their range of attractions. For the kidlets, we recommend:
- Manning your own fighter jet and watching the dazzling Blue Angels formation flying at the National Naval Aviation Museum.
- Exercising the gray matter at Panama City Beach's hyper-stimulating, wacky WonderWorks and Ripley's Believe It or Not!
- Wandering past the Florida panther, red wolves and playful river otters at the Tallahassee Museum of History & Natural Science.
- Learning about Pensacola's rich history at the hands-on Pensacola Children's Museum.
- Trekking the clean beaches at TH Stone Memorial St Joseph Peninsula State Park.
- Running around the natural wonderland of Grayton Beach State Park.