Welcome to Cortez & the Four Corners
Cortez is replacing its strip malls and rifle shops with natural food stores and upscale sport shops, putting a new sheen on the old-time downtown. With good reason: its location 10 miles west of Mesa Verde National Park and 40 miles from the Four Corners makes it a logical base with quiet appeal. Mountain bikers will covet the hundreds of great singletrack rides nearby. For those intrigued with ancient ruins, the Ute Mountain Tribal Park is an interesting foray into lesser-known sites. The downtown has some thriving businesses: three great restaurants on just one city block proves it. The surrounding desert is also a pleasure, with surprises like archaeological sites and the occasional desert winery.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Pepperhead in Cortez & the Four CornersSouthern US
- Farm Bistro in Cortez & the Four CornersCafe
- Stonefish Sushi & More in Cortez & the Four CornersJapanese
- Tequila’s Mexican Restaurant in Cortez & the Four CornersMexican
- Navajo Fry Bread Cart in Cortez & the Four CornersSnack
- Burger Boy in Cortez & the Four CornersBurgers