- Acme Hotel Downtown's grooviest boutique, complete with lava lights.
- Ace Hotel Hipness in the West Loop, including an in-room turntable or guitar.
- Longman & Eagle Six wood-floored, vintage-stylish rooms that sit above a buzzy gastropub.
- Fieldhouse Jones Sporty, companionable digs for an unrivaled Gold Coast price.
- Publishing House Bed & Breakfast Eleven mid-century modern rooms named after Chicago writers.
- Wheelhouse Hotel Playful boutique hotel near Wrigley Field with loft-like rooms.
By Budget: $
- Found Hotel Part hostel, part hotel with good-time common areas.
- Wicker Park Inn Cozy B&B in the thick of Wicker Park's social scene.
- Holiday Jones Good-value, off-the-beaten-path hostel with a sense of humor.
- Freehand Chicago Super-hip hostel-hotel hybrid with spiffy, high-tech dorms.
- HI-Chicago You can't beat the Loop location and free city tours.
By Budget: $$
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/N Loop The chain’s much-loved amenities in retro, charismatic environs.
- Majestic Hotel Handsome, English-manor-like property near the lake.
- Hotel Lincoln Fun, from 'wall of bad art' kitsch to pedicab service.
- Willows Hotel Peachy rooms fill the dapper little property.
- Moxy Chicago Downtown Compact rooms and communal areas that party hard.
By Budget: $$$
- Viceroy Chicago Chicago's newest luxury hotel wows with plush rooms, gracious amenities and attentive service.
- Waldorf Astoria A name synonymous with classic hotel opulence lives up to its five-star reputation.
- Fairmont Top-shelf accommodations a stone's throw from Millennium Park with unbeatable views.
- Peninsula Chicago One of the city's most prestigious hotels, in demand by visiting movie stars.
- Guesthouse Hotel Enormous modern suites with kitchen and laundry near Andersonville's hip shops and cafes.
- Swissôtel Chicago Young guests will love specially dedicated family suites in a riverside location.
- Wicker Park Inn Apartments with full kitchens in one of Chicago's most desirable residential neighborhoods.
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown Laundry, kitchen and location near American Girl and Lego shops.
- Stayinpineapple Chicago In the landmark Reliance Building, which laid the groundwork for modern skyscraper design.
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel In the undulating Aqua Tower, an 82-story whopper designed by local Jeanne Gang.
- Blackstone Hotel In a neoclassical, beaux-arts beauty known as the 'hotel of presidents.'
- Silversmith The 1897 building designed by Daniel Burnham was once home to Chicago's jewelry and silver trade.
- Palmer House Hilton Walk into history – and a jaw-dropping lobby – at the USA's oldest continually operating hotel.
- Sophy Hyde Park A truly novel-looking, art-focused hotel with a location not like the others.
- Virgin Hotel Large rooms, clever and playful design, and a bed you can work from.
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile Glassy high-rise with a minimalist vibe and international clientele.
- Ivy Hotel Cozy boutique hotel with big soaking tubs in chic rooms.
- Hotel Palomar Funky art, a rooftop pool and free wine social hour each evening.
- Wit Swanky mod decor and a riverside location at one of the Loop's most popular hotels.