Information from Viator
Discover Chicago's culinary side on this three-hour walking tour to taste the delicious flavors of the Gold Coast and Old Town. Along the way, your guide will show you the history and architecture in these culture-rich neighborhoods, just north of the downtown area. After stops at seven quintessential Chicago restaurants in these two neighborhoods, you'll feel like a real Chicagoan! The tour operates with a maximum of 18 people, ensuring you’ll receive personal attention from your expert guide. Tastings at 7 different locations is included.
Savor the flavors of Chicago's Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods on this three-hour walking food tour. Between tastings at seven different locations, your guide will have you feeling like a local as you walk down the tree-lined streets and learn about the history, culture and architecture of the "Windy City." Your walk takes you to locations that include a Japanese restaurant, Polish bakery, and more! Sample tasting locations: • Lou Malanati's: Classic Chicago Deep Dish • The Spice House: Hand-prepared spices and seasonings • Old Town Oil: Aged balsamic vinegars and 100% extra virgin olive oils • Tea Gschwendner: Leading specialty tea merchant • The Fudge Pot: Chicago's oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop • Old Jerusalem: Middle Eastern dining If you have food allergies, please specify at the time of checkout in the 'special requirements' field. Thank you
- Food tastings at 6 different locations
- Local guide
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking is located at 12 E. Cedar St 1 block away, around the corner from Lou Malnati's. Pricing: Mon - Sat, in by 10am and out by 7pm, $14. After 10am or Sundays, 3-12 hours parking; $23. 12-24 hour is $26. Cash only.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city