Information from Viator
The rumors are true! The best way to soak in all of Chicago's rich architectural beauty is by joining us on our 75-minute River and Lake Architectural Cruise. Enjoy a relaxing ride along the Chicago River and learn all about the history of this beautiful city and its landmarks. And don't forget the tour's grand finale, a thrilling speedboat ride on Lake Michigan!
Meet your guide at Navy Pier, where you'll board your boat. As you take off along the water, see and hear about the dozens of skyscrapers lining the Chicago River, including the Sears Tower and the Tribune Tower. Learn when and why the flow of the Chicago River was reversed, how Chicago architects pioneered skyscraper construction and a variety of other tales and tidbits of Chicago's history from your guide.Then, take a thrilling speedboat ride along the lake for spectacular views of the Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan. From the water, you'll see Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, beautiful Chicago Harbor and Chicago's Museum Campus.Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point.
- Sightseeing cruise
- Passage through the historic Chicago River locks and up the Chicago River to Sears Tower
- Architectural tour and speedboat ride on Lake Michigan
- Local fees and taxes
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included