The Historic District is clogged with overpriced souvenir shops and junk markets. Head instead to King St: hit lower King for antiques, middle King for cool boutiques and upper King for trendy design and gift shops. The main stretch of Broad St is known as 'Gallery Row' for its many art galleries.
- Charleston City Market You can wander the stalls here for hours checking out local crafts and food products.
- Farmers Market Everybody comes here for local produce, homemade food and drinks, art, music, boiled peanuts and more.
- Charleston Crafts Cooperative Contemporary South Carolina–made crafts, including sweetgrass baskets, hand-dyed silks and wood carvings.
Food & Beverages
- Edmund's Oast Exchange Offering more than 1000 varieties of beer and wine in to-go cans, bottles, kegs and growlers.
- Tavern at Rainbow Row America's oldest liquor store, with free weekend whiskey tastings.
- Charleston Tea Plantation There's a great gift shop here, with sets of tea bags from the only tea plantation in the US.
- Goat. Sheep. Cow. North. A gourmet cheese shop in NoMo that triples as a cafe and wine bar.
Fashion & Accessories
- Indigo & Cotton A high-end mens clothing store with a big social conscience and some neat little ideas.
- Croghan's Jewel Box The best-loved store in Charleston has pricey, one-of-a-kind jewelry, gorgeous antique pieces and engagement rings.
- Indigo Market Vintage jewelry, furnishings, textiles and more in NoMo.
- Robert Lange Studios The city's most renowned contemporary art gallery.
- Beads on Cannon A very large and exciting store full of beads, stones, wire, leather, chains, Swarovski crystal etc.
- ArtWalk A monthly art events that are ideal for checking out and buying art.
- W Hampton Brand Gallery A South of Broad gallery selling slate roof tiles with Rainbow Row painted on them in.