This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how to…
- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United…
I'm visiting U.S from May to July.
Not my first visit but I've always dreamed about visiting every city of us since I was a lil.
Due to knowing only few information of the cities that I'm visiting , I want you guys to take a look of my brief travel plans.
L.A. IN / L.A. OUT
1st week : Los Angeles -( bus )-> San Diego
2nd week: San Diego -( flight ) -> Las Vegas + Grand canyon tour
3rd week : Las Vegas - ( flight ) -> Houston or New Orleans
4th week : Houston or New Orleans - ( flight )-> Miami…
Hello I would like to take my family and mother in father out west that the end of June/july. My plan was to fly from Miami to Denver , rent an RV and head north. This is on our bucket list and I would like to take my father before he is unable to travel. We would like to stop and see Jackson Hole, hit Yellowstone then Grand Tenton. We have about 7-10 days to do this then return back to Denver and fly home. I did find a website that had a map and it pin pointed all of these stops and more…
We are traveling to Yosemite National Park on the 3rd week of May. I wished to see the park with my own eyes since I was a child and now we are very excited to go there ... But also (a little) concern due to the excess of visitors and people traveling. This is my question. Is there a scenic and lonely path? Of course, we would like to see the Vernal and Nevada Falls, and we will, but we are looking for something more.
Thanks and keep trevelling¡
My husband and I are driving up to Calgary from San Francisco in July. We are debating between 2 options:
1) San Francisco --> Portland --> Seattle/Vancouver --> Kamloops --> Revelstoke --> Banff --> Calgary
2) San Francisco --> Reno --> Twin Falls --> Idaho Falls --> Butte --> Great Falls --> Calgary
We would like to complete this trip in 2.5 days (not much time for pit stops) but we are looking for the most scenic route! (Mountains, valleys, etc.)
Please help! Thank you!
I am English, and I am flying to NYC in July to visit family for a week. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is there anything outside of the city that may be of interest?
Finally, I have the approval for walking the John Muir Trail. The path finish in Whitney Portal. From here, until I know, there isn't public transport. It wouldn't be too difficult to get a ride from the mountaineer people until the first population, Lone Pine. After the John Muir Trail, my plans are pretty simple, to rent a car and have a look to the Grand Canyon. From Lone Pine, after a pair of showers, there must be some choice of taking a coach. Where to rent a car ? Although, I'm not…
Hi to everyone in the forum,
I'll be in NY with my girlfriend in 1 month . We are on budget and I have some questions for you guys so as to have a cost effective trip as possible.
1) Could you recommend some good and cheap restaurants (with burgers or european cuisine or whatever kind of cuisine except of gourmet), bakeries etc at Manhatan or Queens are whre I 'm staying.
2) Do you recommend any day trip to another place and back to my place (I'll be there for 9 nigthts) ?
3) What mall…