When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Accommodations prices up 50% to 100% on average.
- Major holidays are even busier and more expensive.
- Summer is low season in the desert, where temperatures exceed 100°F (38°C).
Shoulder (Apr–May & Sep–Oct)
- Crowds and prices drop, especially on the coast and in the mountains.
- Mild temperatures and sunny, cloudless days.
- Typically wetter in spring, drier in autumn.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Accommodations rates lowest along the coast.
- Chilly temperatures, frequent rainstorms and heavy snow in the mountains.
- Winter is peak season in SoCal’s desert regions.