US dollar ($)
Budget: Less than $100
- Campgrounds and hostels: $10–45
- Food at markets, taquerias, sidewalk vendors: $7–12
- Economy car rental: $20 per day
- Mom-and-pop motels, low-priced chains: $50–100
- Diners, good local restaurants: $10–30
- Museums, national and state parks: $5–25
- Midsize car rental: $30 per day
Top End: More than $250
- Boutique hotels, B&Bs, resorts, park lodges: from $150
- Upscale restaurants: $30–75 plus drinks
- Guided adventures, top shows: from $100
- SUV or convertible rental: from $60 per day
Gentle haggling is generally reserved for flea markets; otherwise, expect to pay the stated price.
Foreign currency is not accepted anywhere.