From stroll-and-eat Mickey-shaped pretzels ($4) and jumbo turkey legs ($10) to deluxe, gourmet dinners (sky's the limit), there's no shortage of eating options, though mostly pretty expensive and targeted to mainstream tastes. Phone Disney Dining to make reservations up to 60 days in advance. Restaurant hours vary seasonally, sometimes daily. Check the Disneyland app or Disney Dining website for same-day hours.
Outside the Parks
Outside the parks proper, Downtown Disney has a number of dining and drinking options. For before or after the parks, check out the dining options in surrounding Anaheim.
Food & Drink Tips
- Technically, you can’t bring any food or drinks into the parks, but security-inspection staff usually look the other way at small water bottles and a few snacks.
- Store soft-sided coolers and other food in the all-day lockers by the not-so-appealing picnic area outside the main entrance.
- Within the parks, reservations are recommended at top-end restaurants. If you haven't made reservations, plan on eating at off-peak times (eg outside the noon to 3pm lunch rush, and before 6pm or after 9pm for dinner).
- Convenient, if overpriced, fast food and carnival-style snacks are sold everywhere in the parks.
- Park maps indicate restaurants and cafes where you can find healthy food options – look for the apple icon.
- For good-value eats and fresher menu options, exit the parks and walk to Downtown Disney (or ride the monorail).
- Drinking fountains are everywhere, so bring a refillable water bottle.
Reservations & Special Meals
- For sit-down dining in the parks or at resort hotels, reservations are essential, especially during peak season.
- Disney Dining handles reservations and can advise on dietary restrictions, character dining (meals during which Disney characters work the dining room and greet the kids), and dinner-and-a-show picnics.
- Available with Disneyland vacation packages, Disneyland Dining Plans (DDPs) may save you money if you are eating at least two meals a day in the parks. DDPs include at last one character meal, but vouchers are only valid at selected restaurants and can’t be used for alcohol or tips.