Information from Viator
Enjoy an idyllic kayaking and hiking adventure on Kauai’s Wailua River. Paddle down the tranquil river and admire the lush jungle landscapes on shore. Your guide will lead you on a hike to a remote waterfall, where you can soak in the splendor of this peaceful and picturesque spot. Go for a swim in the pool and the streams that lead from the waterfall before heading back to your starting point. A deli lunch is also included.
Explore the east side of Kauai as you kayak down the Wailua River, Kauai’s only navigable river for boats larger than kayaks. This 20-mile-long (32-km) river once wove through seven different ancient temples and is considered one of Hawaii’s two most sacred places. As you paddle down the river with your partner in a double kayak, take in views of the expansive, untamed landscape. After kayaking for 45 minutes, hop out of your kayak and follow your guide on a 1-mile (1.6-km) hike through the dense forest to a remote, 200-foot (60-meter) waterfall surrounded by flowers, brooks and ferns. Stand in awe as you watch the water cascade down into a pool, and cool off by taking a dip in the water!
- Scrumptious, mouth watering deli sandwiches (turkey, roast beef, ham, salami, or vegetarian)
- Guide(s) State certified and trained in water safety.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) i.e. life preservers.
- Double sit on top kayaks
- Water resistant bags
- Walking sticks
- Chips, tropical fruit and cookies
- Refreshments of tropical juices, sodas and bottled water
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Lunch included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water