Information from Viator
Take a 4-hour guided kayak tour to Clover Pass, with scheduling to fit virtually every cruise ship. This is an amazing waterway with several rainforest islands, about 15 miles north of town. Your guides will get you away from the masses as you paddle scenic island shorelines where dense rainforest meets the sea. The Tongass National Forest is the largest National Forest in the U.S. and surrounds Clover Pass. Most tours encounter the resident Steller sea lions, seals, lots of eagles and other birds, a huge variety of inter-tidal life, and sometimes humpback whales, orcas, porpoises and jumping salmon along the route as well. Depending on the time of year we even see the occasional Sitka deer or black bears down at the beach.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productWe drive you in private transportation to the Clover Pass Resort where we will paddle the calm waters of Clover Pass around small rainforest islands on Alaskas Inside Passage. Duration: 3 hoursLocation: Tongass National Forest, Ketchikan, Alaska
- Light refreshments, local salmon snack, cold and hot beverages.
- Mostly Local, Professional Guides / No First Year Guides
- Private Transport to and from our downtown office at the Cruise Docks.
- Small-group tours. 6:1 guide to guest ratio.
- Entry/Admission - Tongass National Forest
What's not included
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Popular choice with kids
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included