Information from Viator
Pay a visit to Harlem, the ethnically diverse borough of New York, on a Wednesday-morning guided tour. On your tour through one of New York City's most vital neighborhoods, you'll hear stories from Harlem's fascinating history and see its famous sights.
Once New York's most fashionable neighborhood, Harlem is home to the elegant enclave of Sugar Hill, a lovely area where famous musicians like Duke Ellington once lived. You'll drive along Strivers Row and Sylvan Terrace, see the legendary Apollo Theater and the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.The beautiful acapella sounds of the ARC Gospel choir during our mid-week hour of power are sure to inspire and delight you. Hear their powerful voices singing songs of praise and share their experience. ARC stands for Addicts Rehabilitation Center, the oldest drug-free treatment program center in New York State. This Gospel choir was formed to finance treatment for the people in the community in order to help them recover from drug addictions.
- Gospel service
- Stop at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Walking tour of residential sections of Harlem
What's not included
- Food and drinks (unless lunch option is selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly