Information from Viator
Chinatown’s Culture & Cuisine TourJoin us for a walking culinary and cultural adventure in Boston’s Chinatown! Never been to Chinatown? Curious about how to navigate this neighborhood and find the best of both traditional and modern day eats? Join us for a culinary and cultural stroll and we’ll show you!During this tasty stroll, you can expect to: • Stroll the neighborhood streets, visit sites and learn about Chinatown’s past and present • Visit beloved local restaurants and enjoy both traditional Chinese and Chinese-American tastings • Discover how Chinese-American cuisine evolved and led to Boston-specific dishes
At Bites of Boston Food Tours, we believe local food is best enjoyed when served in the context of your local surroundings, so with our neighborhood food experiences, we aim to do just that! Our tour experiences are carefully curated to give you a 'taste" of Boston's neighborhoods, both literally and figuratively! By combining local culture and stories with food favorites from beloved neighborhood eateries, our tours will have you eating, exploring and experiencing the city in a memorable, one-of-a-kind way. Our neighborhood food experiences focus not only on the local food scene, but also what makes each neighborhood unique and special. Boston’s Chinatown is a small yet historically and culturally significant neighborhood in the city. Brimming with delicious food tastings and fascinating stories, our Chinatown Culture and Cuisine Tour is one you don’t want to miss! We'll share the history of the development of Boston's Chinatown, as well as discuss the evolution of Chinese food in America and aspects of the cuisine that developed specific to the Boston area. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to try traditional Chinese food specialties, Chinese-American dishes, and modern twists on traditional cuisine from 2nd generation Chef Owners in the neighborhood. We'll share the fascinating stories behind the people, the places and the food that make Boston's Chinatown the vibrant and tasty gem it of a neighborhood it is today! The food tastings on this tour have been selected with purpose, often in collaboration with the Chefs and Owners, to help tell a story about each of the eateries we visit.This tour is best enjoyed with an open mind and an adventurous palate. We look forward to seeing you in Chinatown!
- 3 hour guided walking tour of Chinatown
- All food tastings from local eateries
- Tastings include Chinese, Chinese-American and Modern Asian cuisine
- Food, Facts and Fun!
- All Fees and Taxes
What's not included
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included in your ticket price. If you have a great time and wish to consider, gratuities are graciously accepted at the conclusion of the tour.
- Parking: Meters in Boston have a 2-hour limit per block, which is not enough time to cover the full length of the tour. We recommend arriving via public transportation when possible, or parking in a lot. The starting point is close to both the Chinatown T stop on the Orange Line and South Station on the Red Line. There are also many open air and covered lots within walking distance of the meeting location.