Uruguayan peso (UR$)
Budget: Less than US$75
- Dorm bed US$15–35
- Menu ejecutivo (fixed-price lunch) US$10–15
- Chivito (Uruguay's classic steak sandwich) US$10
- Local bus ride in Montevideo US$1
- Long-distance bus ride: roughly US$7 per 100km traveled
- Midrange hotel double room: from US$75
- Midrange restaurant meal including drinks: US$25
- Rental car pre-booked from overseas: US$25 per day
Top end: More than US$175
- Four-star hotel double room: from US$150
- Top-end restaurant meal with top local wine US$50
- Rental car booked in Uruguay US$50 per day
Except in informal settings such as flea markets, bargaining is not common in Uruguay.
Banks, post and telephone offices are all on the main street, Avenida Nicolás Solari.