- Ajmal Exotic Middle Eastern essential oils and perfumes sold in exquisitely beautiful bottles.
- S*uce Sassy avant-garde fashions from a wide range of young international designers.
- Gold Souq Pageant of glitter and craftsmanship that's fun to see even without buying.
- Candylicious Willy Wonka would feel right at home in this super-sized sweets store with candy kitchen.
- Ripe Market Happening market with quality local produce alongside artsy-crafty stuff and global snack stands.
- Dubai Flea Market True bargains abound at this monthly market on the beautiful grounds of Zabeel Park.
- Waterfront Market The fish market has relocated to these air-conditioned digs, joining other stalls selling everything from spices to toys.
- Indoor Food Market Try different cultural cuisines, play arcade games, listen to music and more.
For Indie Fashion
- The cARTel Avant-garde fashions by local and international designers in the new design district.
- S*uce Home-grown concept store that showcases regional designers in fashion, accessories and jewellery.
- Khaadi Fabulously patterned cotton kurtas (Pakistani tunics) at reasonable prices.
- O' de Rose Provides a platform for regional indie designers with a love for bold colour.
- Fabindia His-and-hers fashion created by Indian villagers; perks up any outfit.
- Dubai Mall A power shopper’s Shangri-La, Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world.
- Mall of the Emirates Get lost amid the ample temptations of this mega-mall famous for its indoor ski slope.
- BoxPark This urban strip brims with cool cafes and eclectic boutiques in shipping containers.
- Ibn Battuta Mall Shopping goes exotic amid gorgeous decor in six country-themed courts, including Persia, India and Spain.
- Outlet Village Discounts on luxe labels in a Tuscan village setting some 30km south of town.
- Camel Company Go camel-crazy at this multi-outlet boutique starring cuddly camels on everything from mugs to notepads.
- Bateel Delicious dates presented like precious jewels in an elegant boutique setting.
- Lata’s Quality souvenirs from around North Africa and the Middle East.
- Gallery One Makes regional art accessible and affordable to all with framed prints, notebooks, calendars and other art products.
- Mirzam Dubai's own chocolate factory wraps its yummy single-origin bean bars in artistic designs.
- Balqees Honey Pure liquid gold, the honey sold here is some of the best in the world.
- Souk Al Bahar Across from Dubai Mall, this richly decorated souq teems with restaurants and souvenir stores.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah This tourist-geared souq follows a harmonious rhythm of courtyards, alleyways and outdoor areas.
- Souq Khan Murjan Part of Wafi Mall, this exotically styled labyrinthine souq takes its design cue from the bazaar in Baghdad.