With its many kids' zones in shopping malls and shaded parks, most with slides, swings and climbing frames, Abu Dhabi has lots of fun for the family. In addition, top-class theme parks on Yas Island ensure that all ages are catered for. Don't forget some of the out-of-town features, such as the Saluki Centre, which introduce children to local culture.
Best Mall Entertainment
- Fun Works Learning is the focus of this play environment.
- Bounce Epic trampoline park at Marina Mall.
Best City Parks for Kids
- Al Khalidiyah Public Park There are good climbing frames here.
- Murjan Splash Park Safe interaction with water guns and slides in Khalifa Park.
Best Out-of-Town Experiences
- Falcon Hospital A chance to learn about falcons and meet them up close.
- Arabian Saluki Centre Cuddling the puppies is way too good for kids!
Best for Eating
- A warm layer is useful year-round to avoid overly cold AC in malls and cold nights in winter.
- The heat of summer is hard for infants as dehydration is a danger. Hats are essential.
- Discounts are available for children. The cut-off age is usually 10 years old or dictated by height.