When to Go
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Prices and temperatures highest.
- Expect crowds, book ahead.
- Turkish school holidays mid-June to mid-September.
- İstanbul's high-season months are April, May, September and October.
- Christmas–New Year and Easter also busy.
Shoulder Season (May & Sep)
- Fewer crowds, except during Kurban Bayramı holiday when it falls in this period.
- Warm spring and autumn temperatures, especially in the southwest.
- İstanbul's shoulder season is June–August.
Low Season (Oct–Apr)
- October is autumn (fall); spring starts in April.
- Accommodations in tourist areas close or offer discounts.
- High season in ski resorts.
- İstanbul's low season is November to mid-March.