Information from G Adventures
This comprehensive tour of Turkey combines history and beaches, man-made wonders and natural phenomena, as well as a vibrant and welcoming culture. Begin your trip roaming the palaces and mosques of Istanbul before journeying into the bizarre as you explore otherworldly Cappadocia. From the amazing white cliff waterfalls of Pamukkale to the bustling bazaars of Istanbul, our local CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) will show you the region’s hidden gems and make sure your trip burns brightly in your memory long after you've left this crossroads of Asia and Europe.
- Your G for Good Moment: Güneysinir Community Park , Güneysınır Your G for Good Moment: Çöp(m)adam Visit, Ayvalık Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Dinner with Local Family, Çavuşin Your Local Living Moment: Turkish Village Homestay, Güneysınır
- Istanbul city walking tour
- Visit to the Göreme Open Air Museum
- Underground city exploration
- Overnight boat trip (Mediterranean sea, weather permitting)
- Ancient Hierapolis and Pamukkale entrance and guided walk
- Ephesus entrance and visit
- Ottoman mansion stay
- Troy entrance and guided visit
- Gallipoli battlefields entrance and guided visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Discover historic cities and explore the ancient ruins of ephesus
- Marvel at the extraordinary scenery of cappadocia
- Enjoy dinner in a local family home
- Relax on an overnight boat trip
- Live like a local in a turkish village.
Day 1: Istanbul Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Istanbul/Bolu Enjoy an orientation walk around Istanbul before moving on to the city of Bolu.
Day 3: Bolu/Cappadocia Visit the Mausoleum of Atatürk, the father of the Modern Turkish Republic, en route to Cappadocia region.
Day 4: Cappadocia Enjoy an included visit to the Göreme Open Air Museum before free time to explore this unique region.
Day 5: Cappadocia Enjoy an included visit to the Göreme Open Air Museum before free time to explore this unique region.
Day 6: Cappadocia/Konya Explore one of the many underground cities in the region. Visit Konya before spending the night in a local Turkish village. Visit a community park and cooperative, a project supported by G Adventures. Experience a homestay as the guest of a local family.
Day 7: Konya/Antalya Wander the lovely seaside town of Antalya.
Day 8: Antalya/Kekova Enjoy a freshly prepared dinner before sleeping aboard a boat under the stars on the Mediterranean Sea.
Day 9: Kekova/Kaş Opt for a morning swim and some relaxation before travelling on to Kaş.
Day 10: Kaş/Selçuk Guided walk of Pamukkale and the ancient city of Hierapolis en route to Selçuk.
Day 11: Selçuk Visit ancient Ephesus. Optional visits to St John's Basilica and the Mosque of Isa Bey as well as the nearby picturesque village of Şirince.
Day 12: Selçuk/Ayvalık Spend the night in a converted Ottoman mansion. Visit the G-supported handicraft workshop during an orientation walk of Ayvalik, before enjoying free time in the surrounding area or opting for a boat trip or visit to the beach.
Day 13: Ayvalık/Çanakkale Visit the ancient city of Troy en route to Çanakkale.
Day 14: Çanakkale/Istanbul Guided tour of Gallipoli, including ANZAC Cove, the war cemeteries, and Lone Pine.
Day 15: Istanbul Depart at any time.