Information from Viator
Discover the magic of the ancient ruins of Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary on this day trip from Kusadasi. Visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and one the best-preserved ancient ruins in the Mediterranean. See the Great Theater and the Library of Celsus. Sample Turkish delicacies during lunch, then discover the House of the Virgin Mary, the place where Mary lived her final days.
Enjoy pickup from your Kusadasi hotel and relax on the drive to Ephesus. When you arrive, stop at St John's Basilica on the top of Ayasuluk Hill. Visit the basilica and see the 4th-century tomb where the remains of the saint are said to be housed.Next, travel to the ancient city of Ephesus, an important center of early Christianity. Ephesus was one of the seven churches addressed by Christ in a vision, according to the book of Revelation. With your guide, visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, then see the Great Theater, the Library of Celsus and many other well-preserved ancient temples.Take a break to enjoy a delicious lunch of Turkish cuisine at a local restaurant, while your local guide explains interesting facts about Ephesus and its surroundings. After lunch, visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life. The cottage has been a pilgrimage place for many centuries, and was authenticated by Pope Paul VI in 1967. Next, relax on your comfortable coach on the drive back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hadrian
- Entry/Admission - The Basilica of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Domitian
- Entry/Admission - Celsus Kutuphanesi
- Entry/Admission - Efes Antik Kenti Tiyatrosu
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified