Information from Viator
No trip to Turkey is complete without exploring the ancient ruins of Ephesus - the best-preserved classical city in the eastern Mediterranean. You will also visit the final resting place of the Virgin Mary on this day trip from Izmir.
On your way to Ephesus, you will stop at St Johns Basilica atop Ayasuluk Hill built in honor of the Saint who wrote his gospel on this very hill. See the 4th-century tomb where his remains are said to be housed.The ancient city of Ephesus was an important center for early Christianity. In the book of Revelation, Ephesus was one of the seven churches addressed by Christ in a vision. It is here that you will find the Temple of Artemis, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Your guide will also show you the Great Theatre, the Library of Celsus and many temples.After enjoying some authentic Turkish cuisine at lunch, you will visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life. Authenticated by Pope Paul VI in 1967, the cottage is a place of pilgrimage for many believers.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - The Basilica of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
What's not included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included