- Before you post. Search to see if someone’s already asked a similar question. Ask a better question and you’ll get a better answer. (Please fill out your profile, it’ll help us to help you.)
- Travel companions. If you’re looking for someone to travel with, the best place to post is in our travel companions forum.
- Keep it travel-related. We want to remind you that this forum is a place for travellers and travel enthusiasts to share tips, information, and their experiences about the United…
This branch covers: Mainland USA, Hawaii & Alaska
So many posts request the impossible - that a bunch of people who have never met you magically intuit how much you have to spend and what will make you happy on vacation, generally planning out your route for three months and helping you get discount flight reservations.
So, what can you do to get great travel advice?
1. Do your homework
The web is filled with basic information like how far it is from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or how to…
I'm a U.S. citizen. Would like to travel anywhere in the country where there are hot jobs for entry-level workers. I'm hoping for something that pays at least $12/hour. I need to work so that I can save $10k before moving to Los Angeles. It would be nice to be able to do it within a year's time. Nothing that requires years of study or high technical skills. There doesn't necessarily have to be housing provided, but I would need a cheap motel to stay in to get started. If you know of anything…
My family and I are planning a trip to the north west in September. Part of it (about a week) will be in the above national parks. We plan 1 day in Grand Teton, 4 days in Yellowstone, 1 day drive to Glacier and 1-2 days in Glacier.
1) how long is the drive from north Yellowstone to glacier? Can it be done in a day?
2) we are traveling with a RV, so we can't drive througth Loggan pass. If we want to visit both McDonald lake and Many Glaciers areas - how long is the drive between…
Hi there guys
We are passing through Vegas on a road trip this summer, staying there only for a couple of days.
Just wondered if anyone could recommend a good hotel for us with our 2 teenage kids aged 16 and 13. Were thinking possibly the MGM grand because of the pool. We would like to be on or near the strip but don't really want anywhere with too much of a full on adult party vibe.
I just want to ask as a J1 holder that the 1 month grace period is automatically applicable after the visa validity and staying for a couple of weeks won't raise any red flags at all? thank you.
we are planning to continue or world tour along the west coast from San Francisco to Vancouver. Therefore we will have to decide on a few things, like:
- Shall we travel by bus (like Greyhound), by hitchhiking, by a rental car or by a car that we would buy and try to sell in the end
- Is hitchhiking working well along the coast
- Is there a rental company that rents cars to people in the age of 20? (I know that usually you have to be older)
- Can you get a…
I'll be in Dallas on a long layover in a couple of weeks and I'm wanting to try some good ol' Texas BBQ to kill some time. Any recommendations for a BBQ joint along one of the Orange line stops from DFW airport? I don't want to stray too far from a station, or have to pay for a taxi.
I'm studying to become a web programmer. I live in New Zealand. I'm a New Zealand citizen, lived here since I was six.
I have a British passport. Was born in '82 in Colchester, Essex. I finish my studies in one year. I have had a web job before.
That time I charged $20/hr but fully skilled I will charge at least $30/hr.
When I "graduate" I will build my client list and portfolio then save for a year - so in two years I will be looking to move to a foreign country.
I really want to live in Houston, T…